Rohos Face Logon secure authentication by the face recognition. The process of authentication is made in one step and is based on uniqueness of human face. It allows accessing Windows computer in a easy, fast and secure way by using any Windows compatible camera.
Program is easy to setup, has simple interface, self-training feature and possibility to hide authentication window. Often there are situations when one computer is used by several users e.g. office computer for co-workers, home computer or notebook for family members. Rohos Face Logon can register several users for different users account.
Dear friends, recently we have covered “BioSlimDisk Signature” compatibility with some Rohos products. Now it’s time to review device security capabilities, compare it with other Biometric USB flash drives with fingerprint scanners and give you some hi-res photos of the device.
In brief, BioSlimDisk is a USB flash drive with hardware level encryption (AES 256 bit key length) and hardware level Biometric authentication.
In today’s world your privacy is number one issue no matter whether it’s your home, phone, Mac or PC.
So Just How Personal Is Your Personal Computer?
The amount of information your computer stores is astonishing – your credit card information, personal and professional data can be open for grab. Protect yourself by taking measures brought to you by Rohos Logon Key Windows and Mac versions.
This time we’d like to present you a short review of a new device, BioSlimDisk Signature, that was kindly provided to us by its manufacturer RiTech International Ltd.
With the help of this device along with Rohos Logon Key you’ll have a truly seamless secure login solution for:Â Identification, Security andÂ Access Control – three-factor authentication solution for Windows and Mac.
The device itself represents a pretty massive flash drive though it’s light. There are Biometric Area Sensor, LED lights (orange, red, green and blue) and side switcher on Signature case. Before plugging in the device and configuring it for authentication it’s recommended to carefully read instructions. I took this task carelessly and later had to “struggle” with the device for 3 hours to be able to use it. The specificity of BioSlimDisk Signature is that it’s not accessible till three of your fingerprints are successfully enrolled (truly ultimate protection 8-) ). Below you’d be able to find a small guide on how to set up this device in Rohos Logon Key and its review after one month of using on both Windows and Mac platforms.
BioSlimDisk Signature features:
- Protection using Biometric Area Sensor
- 2 Admin and 4 User fingerprint
- Uses Dual authentication methodology
- Unique Self-Destruct Tamper protection with Chip-based Hardware AES 128 Encryption
- True Driverless zero footprint technology (runs on all platforms e.g. Linux, Mac OSX, All Microsoft Windows, Solaris..etc)
- Preloaded with Security Software Installer:
- Rohos Logon Key
Not long ago we bought APACER AH620 with 4 Gb capacity and fingerprint scanner. Embedded program allows to use password protected USB flash drive for data protection.
Device special features:
- There are two Partitions on the disk: Secure Partition of the USB flash drive, and Open Partition
- The Open Partition is always accessible (some biometric USB flash drives hide Open Partition with its files and folders while working with Secure One)
- Partitions’ sizes can be changed with the help of built-in utility – “Resizing tool”. This utility is on the disk that goes as a unit
- Secure Partition is accessible only after successful fingerprint authentication of the owner or his/her password. The device presents high USB flash drive security
New device, 1 Gb MEM-Drive Biometric Scanline takeMS flash drive, came in our laboratory. Carry it Easy Plus Bio built-in program allows to use Biometric Authorization for data protection on USB drive. The present USB flash drive is compatible with Rohos Logon Key.
Device special features:
- There are two partitions on the flash drive: Open and Secure
- The Open Partition is not always accessible. The given USB flash drive hides the Open Partition while the Secure one is used.
- Partitions’ size cannot be changed, it’s steady. (for 1Gb it’s 150 of Open and 900 Mb of Secure Partition)
- Secure Partition is accessible only after successful fingerprint authentication of the owner or his/her password
- There are various options offered in Secure Partition:
- Internet Options (keeping Favorites, No Trace Browsing)
- Microsoft Outlook (Portable Outlook & Outlook Express)
- Outlook Express
- File Synchronization (computer to USB drive)
- Security Settings (up to 10 fingerprints, 1 password)
- Lost & Found (chargeable)
- Carry it Easy (the program is developed by Romanian company CoSoSys)
Recently we were asked by some of our users if it is possible to use a biometric (fingerprint) USB stick in combination with the Rohos Logon Software (for example if it is possible to logon using Rohos after a partition is made visible by a recognized fingerprint).
As a matter of fact, we have decided to test several Biometric USB flash drives, to discover which of them are compatible with the Rohos Logon Key.
We would like to present you the Transcend JetFlash 220 USB flash drive 2 Gb (fully compatible with the Rohos Logon) with the embedded fingerprint scanner for biometric access to the secured partition of the USB drive and included software.
Special features of the device:
- An advanced technology of fingerprints identification, allowing to register up to 10 fingerprints (even from different people);
- Biometric or password based security for the secured partition, web site logon, and encrypted files;
- Software based, Data Encryption with AES algorithm based on the 256-bite key.
- Automatic authorization performed on the web-sites where you have already been registered.
- There is a program that allows to change the size of the secure partition of the flash drive.
- The device fully supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista, which was proved by recent tests.
- You are not able to access the secure partiton without obtaining the Administrator privileges.
- While the secure partition of the flash drive is open, you are not able to use the un-secure partition of the device and vice-versa.
Windows secure logon based on face recognition