- How to use Google Authenticator with a smartphone for Windows logon.
- How to use Google Authenticator with a Yubikey.
System requirements: Windows 7,8,10, 2008,2012
The access to your computer or user account is usually password-protected. But sometimes it is not enough, especially, when your data requires high level of confidentiality. You don’t want to provide attackers with the chance to get hold of your most secret stuff your data, don’t you? We has included Google Authenticator and Yubikey HOTP support into Rohos Logon Key. Now Windows login is performed in High-Safety mode by using Time based One Time Password and HOTP codes.
If you have Android, iOS or BlackBerry phones, use Google Authenticator program. Protect your computer with strong OTP password (One Time Password). OTP password – the password generated by special device or program, and it is valid only once and right at the moment it has been generated. And there is no sense to spy on or capture such password. Whenever you try to enter the same password one more time or a bit later i.e. beyond the time interval predetermined – it will be rejected. Each time you log on to your computer, you will be requested an OTP password from your phone.
Integrated into Rohos Logon Key program, Google Authenticator will serve as logon key to your PC. You will always have your secret password with you in your phone. You won’t have to enter Windows password manually, the program will do it for you. Comfortable and reliable.
How to use Google Authenticator app to log in to your PC?
1. Make sure you have Google Authenticator app intalled on your phone. (Googles or Barcode Scanneradditionally may be required for QR code scan).
2. Once the applications installed on the phone, you can start setting up Rohos Logon Key for your computer.
- Install the latest Rohos Logon Key v3.0 for Windows.
- Open Rohos Logon > Options dialog and select from the authentication devices list – Google Authenticator (OATH), serving as a security key. Then press OK. Read more