We are really happy to announce a beta version of Rohos Logon Key for MAC OS X Lion. Despite Apple Inc, promised to fix the issue with Authentication plugin 4 months ago, and they didnt until now. We decided to release this beta now.
- We was not able to support new Lion login screen with user icons
- Rohos replaces login screen with a generic-style – “Please Enter User name and password” (see on the screenshot)
- Restart/Sleep buttons doesnt work for a while on the login screen
Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.4 is out!
Chisinau, Moldova (08/04/10) Tesline-Service today announced that now its two-factor authentication solution Rohos Logon Key v.2.8 supports MiFare S50/S70 smart cards to provide the most secure physical and network access to Windows systems.
The use of Smart Cards for user authentication is considered to be the strongest form of authentication and combines something physical (Smart Card) with confidential information (PIN) to provide what is known as “two-factor authentication.” Rohos Logon Key along with MiFare is a perfect solution for companies with environment that requires many employees to log into just one or only a few PCs. It will help thousands of organizations balance user convenience with strong security to create a competitive advantage and maintain trust within the enterprise.
The solution provides one of the most advanced authentication solutions available, using RFID smart card technology with the following benefits:
- Avoid constant friction wears away the interface between token and PC
- Possibility to use Mifare token with Rohos Logon Key as an Access Card used in the community, company
- Supports Remote Desktop login using Microsoft Remote Desktop Control utility
Should you be worried about your Macâ€™s security? Yes, unless your machine has reliable security software that would protect your precious Mac from prying eyes and yet add login convenience. Do you use a piece of security software, or do you think itâ€™s unnecessary caution?
Rohos Logon Key for Mac is two-factor authentication solution that allows secure Mac login, keychain access and desktop unlock with a USB key.
Thanks toÂ useful and plenty of users’ feedback Rohos Logon Key for Mac has undergone some improvements. Today we publish version 2.3.
Download and install over Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.3
- Improved Spanish localization
- Now Rohos Logon does not automatically unlock System Keychain. It just fills in user name, password then user needs to click OK to confirm the privileged operation.
- Rohos Logon Icon in the status bar is hidden by default.
- Fixed Yubikey support that leads to system hang in some cases.
These days login-mania requirement is to keep your data secure while maintaining your sanity. This time weâ€™d like to present you authentication solution for Windows logon – Rohos Logon Key with Kanguru Defender, a hard combination to beat, regardless of what others may say.
The Kanguru Defender is a highly secure hardware encryption device that might meet or even exceed your security pretensions. Comparing it to previously reviewed IronKey we should emphasize that it’s easy to use and quite affordable – $49 USD.
Kanguru takes two-step approach to securing sensitive data:
- At the device level Kanguru starts with military grade hardware based AES encryption.
- Adds the ability to remotely manage your Kanguru Defender from a central location. The Kanguru Defender does not come with KRMC enabled by default. (for more information about KRMC, visit: http://shop.kanguru.com/index.php/flash-management/krmc)
- Password protected and encrypted data partition for your secure files
- Does NOT require Admin privileges on any PC to open secure partition.
- Write protect switch (actually this may safe you from viruses on guest PC)
- Has only 1 secret drive. There is no Open and Secret partition options.
- Password reset allow to turn USB drive configuration into factory defaults and create new password once again.
“Protect your PC! Get the latest security updates … Two factor authentication solutions…”. You may find answers to these questions and many more on computer security using usual Google search engine. And yes, there is a wide range of solutions offered to users to make them less worry about their precious private data on their PCs or portable storage device.
Recently three hardware encryption devices have been delivered – IronKey Personal S200 1Gb, Kanguru Defender 1Gb and DataTraveler Vault Kingston 2Gb. This time we’d like to present you the review of IronKey that arrived at our lab to everyone’s joy. Long -awaited possibility to play around with this highly praised flash drive and set it up for secure Windows login with Rohos Logon Key is now available. Let’s start with getting to know more about the flash drive itself.
- Hardware-Encrypted Flash Drive
- Self-Destruct Sequence
- Anti-Malware Autorun Protection
- Portable Cross-Platform Data Access
- Simple Device Management
- Secure Data Recovery
Learn more about these and other IronKey’s features in part 2 of the review.
One of Rohos Logon Key for Mac users, Alex, has volunteered to make a video about the program. Looks like it turned out to be a success for a young Mac user. :-) From his video you will learn that “Rohos Logon Key turns any USB into a key to unlock your computer.” So whenever you do not want to type in your password just like Alex has confessed, plug in your USB.
Rohos Logon Key for Mac benefits:
- To unlock your computer just plug in your USB
- Going for a break or lunch just pull the USB key out and the program will do whatever you want to (preliminary setup is required):
- Shut down
- Goes to sleep, etc.
Alex demonstrates how Rohos Logon Key looks and works on Mac:
- Showing Rohos Preferences window
- Setting actions upon USB key removal
- Possibility to turn Rohos Logon Key OFF in case your USB key is stolen
- Possibility to add new USB keys to access your computer is amazingly fast!
Thank you Alex and success to you in all your undertakings.
(Updated 16 Nov 2009)
Are you using Mac? You’d be glad to learn that we have just released new Rohos Logon Key v. 2.0 for Mac OS X to ensure safe and secure authentication. It works for both Leopard and Snow Leopard versions. We are here working hard to provide you with the very best services we can and we look forward to continuing to do so into the future.
With this completely new version Rohos Logon adds convenient authentication security for Mac OS X login and unlocking after a screen saver. But also works like a security Key for privileged operations made by the user during installing software, changing system preferences, etc. So you don’t need to enter your password manually in most cases.
- Re-implemented login screen. Now Rohos Logon replaces Mac OS X logon screen.
- “Screen Saver Password” dialog box is replaced by Rohos Logon.
- Rohos Logon dialog box also replaces System Keychain authentication dialog box. This dialog box authenticates almost all privileged operations made by the user (installing software, changing system preferences, etc.).
Download Rohos Logon Key for Mac 2.0: rohos_logon.zip
Rohos Logon Key v.2.7. offers two-factor authentication solution for Windows Seven based on various USB tokens and authentication devices. By using a strong and secured password stored on a USB token you can improve your computer security.
What’s new in Rohos Logon Key 2.7:
- Updated installer:
– Now Setup package copy correct help file according to installation language
+ Added Japanese and Chinese languages
- Supports new USB tokens and authentication devices:
+ Touchatag RFID proximity tags (former TikiTag).Â Wireless tags for Windows logon.
+ Swekey OTP token (Offline + Online validation, see Options link )
+ Securetoken ST2, ST3 (PKCS11 based tokens). ST3 has an auto-install feature.
+ Senselock trueToken EL (ultra-small PKCS11 based token)
- Improved Windows Vista/Seven support
– fixed Rohos Logon Credential icon in Vista UAC dialog. Now USB tokens with PIN code can be used to get credentials for any elevation.
– fixed Windows Remote Desktop support.
- Major improvements inÂ â€˜Bluetooth logonâ€™ feature.
Apple isÂ expectedÂ to releaseÂ Mac OS X 10.6Â Snow Leopard two months after WWDC ’09. Today we have updated install package of Rohos Logon Key for Mac OS X. Now for those who already migrated toÂ Snow it’s possible to lock Mac with a USB Key security. Rohos Logon Key allows converting any USB flash drive into a security Key to access your Mac without entering password each time.
+ Added a few actions on USB Key removal : Lock, Log Out, Sleep, Shutdown and Nothing – the most helpful for Mac Book Air
* Fixed PIN code support for Intel based Macs
* Improved UI
* Improved Installer
* “Add USb Key” dialog doesn’t show odd Apple hardware anymore (of course iPod will be shown)
For Mac Book Air Users: This version allows to use USB flash drive only for logon/unlock moments after that you can unplug it, so you don’t need to lose a USB port. This is due to ‘Nothing’ option (see screenshot).
Notes about PIN code:
For those who are not familiar with two-factor authentication: By setting up PIN code you protect USB Key from somebody who can use it for logon into your Mac without your permission. After you plug in USB Key – Rohos Logon will always ask user to enter PIN in order to log in or unlock your Mac. To set up PIN, just click Change PIN button, after you set up your USB Key.
- PIN code works only for USB flash drives
- To change it – click Change PIN – and enter new PIN and Confirmation – OK
- If you forget PIN code – use second USB Key (created before) or Safe Boot to disable Rohos Logon
It’s better to Quit current Rohos Logon , install new version over, and then open Rohos Logon and set up USB Key again.
Notes About Uninstalling / OFFing Rohos Logon:
- To OFF or Quit Rohos Logon USB key should be connected
Windows secure logon based on face recognition