Rohos Management Tools provides a secure way to setup multiple users or authentication devices. Now it is easy to setup a list users with Google Authenticator 2FA. It is also possible to automatically send an email message to each user that includes Google Authentication setup instructions. The most secure way is to use corporate email.
New ways to register multiple user or 2FA tokens: by using CSV file or PowerShell script.
Rohos Logon Key allows to protect Windows Terminal Server by using 2-factor authentication with One-Time-Passwords. Using Google authenticator as OTP generator requires to deliver and store OTP secret key on the mobile device of end-user in mobile email, SMS or Google Authenticator application.
In order to improve security you can setup your Server to generate and deliver One-Time-Password to the end-user by using SMS messages or Email which is reliable and free. With this feature there is no need to send OTP secret key and setup Google Authenticator on mobile device of end user.
Updated: 5 July
Dear users and customers, we are glad to announce a first release for a major update of Rohos Logon Key for Windows. Now Rohos Logon Key automatically detects Active Directory environment and uses Active Directory storage to keep domain-wide settings and list of authentication keys and devices. We have completely refactored Rohos Remote Config utility and USB Key manager.
What’s new in Rohos management Tools
Added Active Directory Application Partition support. This brings centralized domain-wide settings management and authentication media access list.
Meet a new version of Rohos Face logon from 17 January 2017. In this realease:
- was added a support for Windows Surface 10 tablets;
- were fixed some compatibility errors;
- added support for Windows Surface PRO 2 devices;
- now you can disable the logging of faces(Options -> Logged in -> off);
- now it is possible to register another user face from current user profile. A new user can then log in without his default password;
- the price was significally reduced (only 9Euro).
In future we plan to add a remote storing of users’ photos to provide the network access to homegroup and domain computers.
Today we would like to announce Rohos Logon Key 3.3 for Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra. By default after updating Mac OS X to Sierra it will disable Rohos Logon Key and you need to reinstall it and restart your Mac. After a month of support ticketing with Apple Inc. devs we has been figured out the update issue.
We are glad to present you a new product designed to prevent the leakage of information: StaffCounter DLP. This cloud-based solution allows you to protect your business from insiders and possible leakage of commercial information to competitors.
StaffCounter DLP includes:
- Monitoring of USB drives with three types of permits: a ban on entry, read-only, full access by the serial number.
- Control of MTP devices connection via the USB port.
- A ban on the recording CD / DVD.
- Control of data recording to network resources.
- Data ban via Bluetooth.
- Control of leakage of information through Outlook or Thunderbird: filtering data, sending via browser or email client.
- Control of downloading and installing of applications.
- Control of all actions of the employees at the PC.
Install StaffCounter DLP now and get effective protection of data from unauthorized copying and distribution. StaffCounter DLP can be purchased at a reasonable price – just $ 2 per computer per month + a month of free use.
- Windows 7, 8, 10 2012Server are supported.
Dear Rohos Face Logon users, we are pleased to introduce an updated version of the program you love.
In the new version you’ll find:
- Updated interface;
- Improved Windows 10 support;
- Ability to chose the priority web camera for Windows tablets;
- Support for Windows Surface and Windows Surface PRO.
These updates have been brought to the free version as well.
If you still aren’t using Rohos Face Logon to securely log in to your system, we strongly recommend that you give our product a try. The convenient face-recognition system identifying the computer or tablet owner with the webcam allows you to quickly do a biometric check and enable access to Windows.
We are happy to announce Rohos Logon Key v.3.3 with many improvements and one nice feature.
In Version 3.3:
- New look and options
- 2-factor Authentication Setup and Emergency Logon improvements;
- Improved support for Remote Desktop,
- IP filter, error-free determination of your IP address. You can write several IP-addresses, (no spaces, comma is delimiter)
- Improved support for OTP.
- Support for https SMS gateway.
July 1, 2016 saw the release of new versions of Rohos Disk Encryption and its free counterpart Rohos Mini. These applications received a facelift and improved internal design.
Rohos Disk ensures that your data is protected from third parties by locking the disk in your absence. The size of the disk can be increased as needed. You can create several disks on a PC, USB flash drive, or a DVD at the same time.
We’ve introduced a new version of Rohos Disk — Rohos Disk Encryption 2.2. A distinctive new feature that it brings is the remarkable Backup Disk functionality. Now making a backup copy of the contents of an encrypted disk is much faster and easier. Read more
Authenticating for Windows and accessing a secret disk with a ruToken key.
In short: now the popular ruToken identification device can be used in Rohos Logon Key and Rohos Disk as the one key needed to log in to Windows and your protected data. Rohos Logon Key works fully on Windows Vista/7 and also supports authorization for remote desktops using a ruToken. User authentication and identification with USB keys.
The ruToken device has been developed by the Russian company Aktiv, which produces a family of identification devices for user device-based authorization when accessing IT resources and protected electronic data. Read more
Rohos Logon Key v 3.1 allows you to implement a two-factor authentication policy, based on a user list or user groups in Active Directory. This allows you to verify two-factor authentication and apply it step by step. New features:
- Improved option Allow login only using a USB key
- Added function Check Key Serial Number. It restricts the keys allowed for login.
- Configurable messages for users have been added: in the login window, in the Rohos Logon Key main program window, and in the key settings window.
- Added Users and Keys dialog box for viewing and managing the list of created keys and users.
- Changed licensing policy: a Server License for Windows terminal service has been added. Now the license covers the computer. The RFID token license has been withdrawn.
- The Rohos Management Tools program suite is now provided free of charge.
We would like to turn your attention to one more device designed for secure user authentication on Windows and compatible with Rohos Logon Key. This is the RFID tag from the Swiss company Addimat.
It was originally designed for identifying wait staff in pizzerias, restaurants, and cafés. It consists of an RFID reader with a round magnetic opening and a set of matching cylindrical keys. Each key has a rugged and waterproof body. Woven into the body of the key is an individual 48-byte serial number and a PIN code, which in some models can be reprogrammed.
To put it simply: if you are the owner of a laptop computer and are concerned about protecting confidential data, then consider the micro version of a key device for IT security. Here you’ll learn about the Rutoken micro USB token from Russia and what the main advantages of its miniature design are.
Rohos Disk Encryption allows you to set up shared access to an encrypted disk for different uses:
- Shared access for all users on a single computer. For example, on Windows Terminal Services,
In this case, users do not need to know the password for the disk, and they do not need to launch Rohos Disk. They do not know where the disk’s file container is located, and they cannot delete it. Entering the password for accessing the disk is the responsibility of the Administrator or Rohos disk owner.
- Access for select users working with a single Windows computer.
In this case, each user will know the password for the disk. Each user will enter the password for accessing the disk independently of the others whenever necessary.
- Shared access using a shared folder on the network.
In this case, the Rohos disk drive letter open for shared access on the local network will be a file server. Entering the password for activating the Rohos disk will be done once each day by the Administrator or Rohos disk owner. The Administrator or owner will also assign network access rights to users and will be responsible for making backups and shutting down access to the disk.
Dear users, today we have updated Rohos Logon Key for Mac installation package to support Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. By default after updating Mac OS X to El Capitan it will disable Rohos Logon Key and you need to reinstall it.
Rohos Logon Key allows to easily log on, unlock or authenticate KeyChain to Mac without the need to memorize password. You can protect access to your Mac, system preferences security and other authorization requests with a broad range of security tokens like USB flash drive, Smartphone or Yubikey. Find more>
Rohos Logon Key v3.2 for Mac OS X 10.10 introduces new way to quickly lock your Mac when you step away.
New release available as free update for registered users
Or you can Try it for 15 days for free now >>>
Windows secure logon based on face recognition