Rohos Logon Key for Mac allows to use any mobile phone as a key to your PC or Mac. This is possible thanks to bluetooth technology. Each mobile phone with a bluetooth module has it is own unique ID. Rohos Logon monitor all bluetooth devices that is discoverable near your Mac and authenticate user as soon as your iPhone is detected. Here we post a few screenshots on how to setup this feature.
We are glad to present you the video that was made by senad-deepdark, one of Rohos Logon Key version for Mac OS X user. “I searched the net but I didnâ€™t find this Trick 😉 Use you Sony Ericsson Bluetooth watch to login into Mac Osx Leopard 😉 and Lock the system when you simple walk Away from you MAC 😉 This is perfect for Sys Admins and others who is dangerous to leave a logged system on 😉 ”
For more instructions and screen shots please, read here
New Rohos Logon Key release (April 2008) now supports BlueSoleil.Â BlueSoleilÂ (former Widcomm) drivers are supplied for many Bluetooth adapters and devices around the world.
What’s new in Rohos Bluetooth Logon:
- Supports BlueSoleil stack
- Possibility to set up timeÂ lag. At the end ofÂ it Rohos Logon locks or turns off PC, if telephone has been out of the radius (far from PC) during all the time. This feature completely excludes Rohos Logon false action – when program locks Windows forÂ a few seconds due to short-term telephone connection loss.Â
The time lag can be set up in the dialog box Rohos Options – from 30 seconds to 15 minutes.
Notice: Now we are in the process of signing Agreement with Toshiba Company regarding use of Toshiba Bluetooth Device SDK. Thus Rohos Logon will support BluetoothÂ adapters built in Toshiba portable.
Rohos Logon Key 2.5 has been released with some BlueTooth Logon updates.
Rohos Logon Key updates:
- Properly works upon sleeping/hibernation exit
- Properly works if there are more than two BlueTooth devices in the room
- While setting up BlueTooth enabled mobile/pocket PC the program immediately detects all availabe BlueTooth devices in the radius
- Enhanced function sensing “lost connection” with BlueTooth device. Reduced possibility of false lock.
- Compatibility with Windows Vista
- By the way, with BlueTooth enabled mobile it’s possible to unlock 2 and more computers in an office
How to set up Rohos Logon Key:
Now we work on support for BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack – an easy-to-use, interoperable and widely used BlueTooth software.
For those who are still interested in Desktop Locker only, we have discovered a new wireless PC lock – BlueGuardian.
The next beta version of Rohos Logon Key includes a feature BlueTooth Wireless Logon that means you can log into Windows computer by using Bluetooth enabled Pocket PC or mobile.
Why mobile? Firstly, we were asked by the users “Is it possible to log in by mobile phone?” The next reason is that Wireless PC lock solutions already exist on the market – the idea is that you have a small “e-tablet” dongle in your hands and a receiver connected to USB port. It works like a car key.
The same could be by using your mobile – just come in and Windows gets logged on – just step out – and it gets locked/hibernated. So, the idea looks interesting but will see how it works in reality:
Download Rohos Logon Key 2.5 beta
At the first tests the program works well.
How to set up mobile login:
- The BlueTooth USB adapter should be installed with the native Windows drivers
- You should install Rohos program only to PC. It does not require to install/upload anything to your mobile.
- Now you can turn-on your bluetooth function on the mobile
In the Options dialog box select “BlueTooth phone/pocket PC” device type and ‘Auto-Lock’ function:
Then click OK and open Configure USB Key dialog. Please don’t worry, there are a lot of “USB flash drive” strings in the program 🙂
Configure USB Key dialog will detect your mobile, and you can type your pass and press OK.Â You can try toÂ log in by the phone.
Tips & Tricks
- The BlueTooth USB adapter should be installed with the native Windows XP drivers
- The logins data are saved in the local computer (in encrypted form) but not in the mobile
- The Rohos program just recognizes your mobile by its name and Mac address
- We have noticed some bugs in BT function if your PC goes to hibernation and out
- If you go away your PC can be locked out – but in the same moment BT adapter can again detect it for the moment and PC gets unlocked by the program.. So be aware.
Please comment on.
- Rohos Face Logon 4.3 with adaptive face recognition level 13th September 2019
- 2FA Push tokens in Rohos Logon Key mobile 10th August 2019
- Face Logon v4 is compatible with Windows Hello 8th May 2019
- Rohos Disk folder encryption for Google Drive / OneDrive 15th March 2019
- Towards multi-factor authentication decision framework in Rohos Logon Key v4.0 4th March 2019