In this section you will find out real deployment examples and advices.
- Prolonging trial time up to 60 days.
- How to try Rohos Logon Key in the company?
- Example 1. Windows Active Directory based on the network. Local login.
- Example 2. Protecting of the Terminal Server with Rohos Logon Key application.
We realize that testing time of the Rohos Logon Key software requires more that 15 days. Therefore 15-day testing time can be extended to 60-days. Make a request to get a prolongation Registration Key in order to thoroughly test Rohos Logon Key in your company.
Please read this chapter if you are going to use the solution in the company with more than 20 associates.
Rohos Logon Key offers such an innovation that affects Network Administration parts and company associates. Therefore we recommend trying it with the help of focus group:
Select a small department or group of computer users in the company where you can try Rohos password replacement solution with USB Keys;
You will need 10 USB flash drives for test.
- Do not disable login via manual password entry from the beginning of the test.
Divide your test into 2 stages:
- Test the general USB key login possibility within the focus group;
- Test all the USB Key login features during the actual rollout of the entire solution in the small department (room).
After that you can install Rohos on the rest of the network.
Before you begin, read please our article about this task.
- First, install Rohos Management tools into your (Adminâ€™s) workstation.
- Set up all USB Keys with all passwords fore each person, using USB Key Management utility;
- Install the application on the workstations using MSI package or simple application from our site;
- Hand out the USB Keys;
- Verify, if every user can login his account on every workstation with USB key.
- Launch Rohos Remote config application on administrator’s computer. Export the list of USB keys to each connected workstation.
- Using this application, configure all the workstations to check serial number of USB key.
- From now all the users can logonÂ onlyÂ with these USB keys.
- Now create a new usb key for any user but don’t export the information about it on other computers. It must be ignored by other workstations.
- Now the system is protected from home-made keys.
- Now is necessary to disallow the access without USB key. It is possible to realize in two ways:
– for all the users, who you made a key for
– only for several users, not matter, have you made the keys for them or not.
In first case, Using Rohos Remote config application, configure all the workstations to disallow login for listed users. Select a computer of the domain, and selectÂ for listed users from the listÂ 2-factor authentication control type. Click Save settings.
In second case you need to create a new group with rohos name and add desired usersÂ thereÂ . Now, using Rohos Remote config application, configure all the workstations to disallow login for rohos user group. Select a computer of the domain, and selectÂ for rohos user group from the listÂ 2-factor authentication control type. ClickÂ Save settings. Now these users can login only with USB key.
Note: this function will work only on workstations, where Rohos Logon Key application is installed. Simple export of configuration to the computer, where Â Rohos Logon Key application isÂ absent will not work.
- Before you start to configure Rohos Logon Key for Remote desktop connection, visit please our article, regarding to this theme.
- What application must we select to configure USB keys for remote connection to Terminal server? USB key manager or Rohos Logon Key? The answer is depending, what level of security do we need, and what type of USB key do we have.
- USB key manager supports the limited number of USB key types. You can see this list, if click Settings button on main window of this application.
- USB key manager application can not write a password in encrypted formÂ on USB key. This is possible only with Rohos Logon Key application. By one hand it is an opportunity, because encrypted password is possible to use only on one computer – there, where this USB key has been prepared. Â By other hand, the password in plain form is less secure, because everyone can see it, with using of USB key manager. (If he has got this key for a while)
Important: If you want to use USB Flash drive as a key for Remote connection, and check serial number option will be on, To prepare all USB keys use only USB key manager application. It is necessary, because real serial number of USB flash drive is not transmitted to server, during the preparing of the key in Rohos Logon Key application. We continue to work to add the possibility to store the encrypted password on USB key for this case.