Rohos Logon Key for Mac allows to use any mobile phone as a key to your PC or Mac. This is possible thanks to bluetooth technology. Each mobile phone with a bluetooth module has it is own unique ID. Rohos Logon monitor all bluetooth devices that is discoverable near your Mac and authenticate user as soon as your iPhone is detected. Here we post a few screenshots on how to setup this feature.
Should you be worried about your Macâ€™s security? Yes, unless your machine has reliable security software that would protect your precious Mac from prying eyes and yet add login convenience. Do you use a piece of security software, or do you think itâ€™s unnecessary caution?
Rohos Logon Key for Mac is two-factor authentication solution that allows secure Mac login, keychain access and desktop unlock with a USB key.
Thanks toÂ useful and plenty of users’ feedback Rohos Logon Key for Mac has undergone some improvements. Today we publish version 2.3.
Download and install over Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.3
- Improved Spanish localization
- Now Rohos Logon does not automatically unlock System Keychain. It just fills in user name, password then user needs to click OK to confirm the privileged operation.
- Rohos Logon Icon in the status bar is hidden by default.
- Fixed Yubikey support that leads to system hang in some cases.
+ Added a few actions on USB Key removal : Lock, Log Out, Sleep, Shutdown and Nothing – the most helpful for Mac Book Air
* Fixed PIN code support for Intel based Macs
* Improved UI
* Improved Installer
* “Add USb Key” dialog doesn’t show odd Apple hardware anymore (of course iPod will be shown)
For Mac Book Air Users: This version allows to use USB flash drive only for logon/unlock moments after that you can unplug it, so you don’t need to lose a USB port. This is due to ‘Nothing’ option (see screenshot).
Notes about PIN code:
For those who are not familiar with two-factor authentication: By setting up PIN code you protect USB Key from somebody who can use it for logon into your Mac without your permission. After you plug in USB Key – Rohos Logon will always ask user to enter PIN in order to log in or unlock your Mac. To set up PIN, just click Change PIN button, after you set up your USB Key.
- PIN code works only for USB flash drives
- To change it – click Change PIN – and enter new PIN and Confirmation – OK
- If you forget PIN code – use second USB Key (created before) or Safe Boot to disable Rohos Logon
It’s better to Quit current Rohos Logon , install new version over, and then open Rohos Logon and set up USB Key again.
Notes About Uninstalling / OFFing Rohos Logon:
- To OFF or Quit Rohos Logon USB key should be connected
- Windows 11 support 16th October 2021
- Rohos Disk Encryption v.3.2 4th October 2021
- 2FA bypass control in Rohos Logon Key 4.8 30th June 2021
- What are strategies for protecting against two-factor authentication vulnerabilities? 5th January 2021
- New Rohos Disk Encryption app for Android to access encrypted Google Drive folders 26th December 2020