The access to your computer or user account is usually password-protected. But sometimes it is not enough, especially, when your data requires high level of confidentiality. You donâ€™t want to provide attackers with the chance to get hold of your most secret stuff â€“ your data, donâ€™t you? We has included Google Authenticator and Yubikey HOTP support into Rohos Logon Key. Now Windows login is performed in High-Safety mode by using Time based One Time Password and HOTP codes.
We are really happy to announce a beta version of Rohos Logon Key for MAC OS X Lion. Despite Apple Inc, promised to fix the issue with Authentication plugin 4 months ago, and they didnt until now. We decided to release this beta now.
- We was not able to support new Lion login screen with user icons
- Rohos replaces login screen with a generic-style – “Please Enter User name and password” (see on the screenshot)
- Restart/Sleep buttons doesnt work for a while on the login screen
Rohos Logon Key features:
- Two-factor authentication: PIN code + USB flash drive.
- Transform any USB flash drive into the key to your MAC.
- You donâ€™t need to enter your password manually each time you unlock your Mac or system preferences.
- Easy-to-use and configure.
- Supports Yubikey, USB Drive,Touchatag, Bluetooth devices for authentication
- Unlock system keychain by using USB Key.
Rohos Logon Key – Logging into OS X Lion:
Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.4 is out!
Chisinau, Moldova (08/04/10) Tesline-Service today announced that now its two-factor authentication solution Rohos Logon Key v.2.8 supports MiFare S50/S70 smart cards to provide the most secure physical and network access to Windows systems.
The use of Smart Cards for user authentication is considered to be the strongest form of authentication and combines something physical (Smart Card) with confidential information (PIN) to provide what is known as “two-factor authentication.” Rohos Logon Key along with MiFare is a perfect solution for companies with environment that requires many employees to log into just one or only a few PCs. It will help thousands of organizations balance user convenience with strong security to create a competitive advantage and maintain trust within the enterprise.
The solution provides one of the most advanced authentication solutions available, using RFID smart card technology with the following benefits:
- Avoid constant friction wears away the interface between token and PC
- Possibility to use Mifare token with Rohos Logon Key as an Access Card used in the community, company
- Supports Remote Desktop login using Microsoft Remote Desktop Control utility
Should you be worried about your Macâ€™s security? Yes, unless your machine has reliable security software that would protect your precious Mac from prying eyes and yet add login convenience. Do you use a piece of security software, or do you think itâ€™s unnecessary caution?
Rohos Logon Key for Mac is two-factor authentication solution that allows secure Mac login, keychain access and desktop unlock with a USB key.
Thanks toÂ useful and plenty of users’ feedback Rohos Logon Key for Mac has undergone some improvements. Today we publish version 2.3.
Download and install over Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.3
- Improved Spanish localization
- Now Rohos Logon does not automatically unlock System Keychain. It just fills in user name, password then user needs to click OK to confirm the privileged operation.
- Rohos Logon Icon in the status bar is hidden by default.
- Fixed Yubikey support that leads to system hang in some cases.
These days login-mania requirement is to keep your data secure while maintaining your sanity. This time weâ€™d like to present you authentication solution for Windows logon – Rohos Logon Key with Kanguru Defender, a hard combination to beat, regardless of what others may say.
The Kanguru Defender is a highly secure hardware encryption device that might meet or even exceed your security pretensions. Comparing it to previously reviewed IronKey we should emphasize that it’s easy to use and quite affordable – $49 USD.
Kanguru takes two-step approach to securing sensitive data:
- At the device level Kanguru starts with military grade hardware based AES encryption.
- Adds the ability to remotely manage your Kanguru Defender from a central location. The Kanguru Defender does not come with KRMC enabled by default. (for more information about KRMC, visit: http://shop.kanguru.com/index.php/flash-management/krmc)
- Password protected and encrypted data partition for your secure files
- Does NOT require Admin privileges on any PC to open secure partition.
- Write protect switch (actually this may safe you from viruses on guest PC)
- Has only 1 secret drive. There is no Open and Secret partition options.
- Password reset allow to turn USB drive configuration into factory defaults and create new password once again.
Some time ago we got YubiKey 2.0. and YubiKey 2.0 RFID devices from Yubico. Both of them are 2.01.1 firmware versions. The newer key (on the picture is above) a bit thicker, has a special circular press area and the body is more steady.
The Yubikey is a One-Time-Password token that works via the USB keyboard interface. New generation of Yubikeys also combines 2 devices in 1 Yubikey: OTP + RFID or OTP + 1 static password generator. OTP + OATH OTP (Firmware 2.1). Also Yubikey has many changes on backed.
What’s new in Yubikey 2.0:
- Improved security.
- Yubikey allows to have 2 configurations. Many YubiKey users wanted to have possibility to use YubiKey as static password generator + OTP token. Here it is.
- Beautiful and easy to use Configuration Utility.
- Dual-device: Yubikey + RFID (Classic Mifare 1k) or OATH 6 or 8 digit code identity.
- New Yubico validation server:
+ allows uploading custom AES keys.
+ allows revoking Yubikeys
+ Validation protocol 2.0
- Yubikey solutions Wiki – the list of the vendors, integrators and software that work with Yubikey.
allows reprograming Yubikey Configuration #1 or Configuration #2.
YubiKey 2.0 works in the press-and-hold fashion. First off, the presses are time based. Where in v.1 you held it down until it started printing out the characters, with v.2.0 you make short press for the first config and long press (2.5 – 5 seconds technically) to generate second config OTP. Please note Yubikey configuration #2 has a feature allowing use to update static password if you press and hold the key for 8-15 seconds.
By default, Rohos Logon Key works with v.2 as usual but one customer was sent raw YubiKeys (version 2.1.1 not being configured) . So he asked us to give a step-by-step guide on how to set up YubiKey with Rohos Logon if Yubikey is not configured with OTP.
Here you may download the Guide – Yubikey 2.0 Setup Dynamic configuration for Rohos Logon with static AES
Protect your PC: Get the latest security updates … “Two factor authentication solutions…”. You may find answers to these questions and many more on computer security using usual Google search engine. And yes, there is a wide range of solutions offered to users to make them less worry about their precious private data on their PCs or portable storage device.
Recently three hardware encryption devices have been delivered – IronKey Personal S200 1Gb, Kanguru Defender 1Gb and DataTraveler Vault Kingston 2Gb. This time we’d like to present you the review of IronKey that arrived at our lab to everyone’s joy. Long -awaited possibility to play around with this highly praised flash drive and set it up for secure Windows login with Rohos Logon Key is now available. Let’s start with getting to know more about the flash drive itself.
- Hardware-Encrypted Flash Drive
- Self-Destruct Sequence
- Anti-Malware Autorun Protection
- Portable Cross-Platform Data Access
- Simple Device Management
- Secure Data Recovery
Learn more about these and other IronKey’s features in part 2 of the review.
One of Rohos Logon Key for Mac users, Alex, has volunteered to make a video about the program. Looks like it turned out to be a success for a young Mac user. 🙂 From his video you will learn that “Rohos Logon Key turns any USB into a key to unlock your computer.” So whenever you do not want to type in your password just like Alex has confessed, plug in your USB.
Rohos Logon Key for Mac benefits:
- To unlock your computer just plug in your USB
- Going for a break or lunch just pull the USB key out and the program will do whatever you want to (preliminary setup is required):
- Shut down
- Goes to sleep, etc.
Alex demonstrates how Rohos Logon Key looks and works on Mac:
- Showing Rohos Preferences window
- Setting actions upon USB key removal
- Possibility to turn Rohos Logon Key OFF in case your USB key is stolen
- Possibility to add new USB keys to access your computer is amazingly fast!
Thank you Alex and success to you in all your undertakings.
- Two-factor authentication by OTP for TSPlus remote desktop access 13th February 2018
- macOS High Sierra support in Rohos Logon Key 9th February 2018
- U2F and Google Authenticator support for Windows Active Directory 2-factor authentication 4th February 2018
- Multi-factor authentication with RFID cards HidProx, Indalla, HiTag and Emarine in Rohos Logon Key 3.5 3rd November 2017
- Registering multiple 2FA users with Google Authenticator configuration delivered by Email 6th September 2017