(Updated: 10 Jan, 2010)
We would like to present you a new OTP token, which recently has come to us from France, it is Swekey. Production Company Musbe, Inc (France), promotes it as an easy to use and inexpensive OTP token (One Time Password) to access web resources. Swekey business model – a premium subscription service for the Swekey OTP authentication through the Web site of Musbe.
Support for this token was added to Rohos Logon Key 2.7 (beta). Rohos supports both offline and online use case for this token (validate just Swekey ID or OTP validation on he Musbe web site).
Mac users already can use Swekey in Rohos Logon Key as a ‘usb flash drive’ device because Swekey contains onboard serial number.
(updated 30 June)
Rohos Logon Key v.2.7. – two-factor authentication solution for Windows now supports the new types of USB tokens and authentication devices, improved Windows Seven support.
What’s new list:
1. Updated installer:
– Now Setup package copy correct help file according to installation language.
+ Added Japanese and Chinese languages UI
2. New USB tokens:
+ Touchatag RFID reader and proximity tags (former TikiTag). Wireless tags for Windows logon.
+ Swekey OTP token (Offline + online OTP validation, see ‘Token options’ link in Rohos Logon Options)
+ Securetoken ST2, ST3 ( PKCS11 based tokens). ST3 is a driverless token and has an auto-install feature.
+ Senselock trueToken (ultra-small PKCS11 based token). Software protection token adopted for authentication purposes.
3. fixed Rohos Logon Credential icon in Vista UAC dialog. Now USB tokens with PIN code can be used to get credentials for any elevation. See screen shots below. Also improved Remote Desktop support.
4. Major Improvements in ‘Bluetooth logon’ feature.
- Now Rohos Logon supports WidComm Bluetooth stack, thus supporting more Laptops.
- Improved compatibility with Nokia PC Suite. Now rohos support remembered and paired bluetooth devices and correctly detect when the BT device is our of the range.
Windows secure logon based on face recognition