Let us present you a new version of Rohos Logon Key program – Rohos Logon Key 3.0 with OATH support. Now you can use popular Google Authenticator and Yubikey H-OTP for 2-factor Windows login.
We updated Rohos Logon Key 2.9 with a few new options including Windows 8 support.
Rohos Logon Key allows to access Windows computer or Remote Desktop session by using a USB Key and optional password. With this release we allows all of the customers update for free before we switch to version 3.
What’s new list:
- Windows 8 support
- Yubikey Options dialog box now allows to edit and export registered Yubikey List.
- New 2-factor authentication possibility – Require user to type Windows password along with a USB Key. Forcing string 2-factor authentication for Windows login.
- Updated “Wireless PC Lock” tags support.
- New feature – Write all authentication events to log file.
Download Now (Release date 14/11/2012)
Windows 8 Support
Now Rohos Logon Key authentication tile look like this.
Should you be worried about your Macâ€™s security? Yes, unless your machine has reliable security software that would protect your precious Mac from prying eyes and yet add login convenience. Do you use a piece of security software, or do you think itâ€™s unnecessary caution?
Rohos Logon Key for Mac is two-factor authentication solution that allows secure Mac login, keychain access and desktop unlock with a USB key.
Thanks toÂ useful and plenty of users’ feedback Rohos Logon Key for Mac has undergone some improvements. Today we publish version 2.3.
Download and install over Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.2.3
- Improved Spanish localization
- Now Rohos Logon does not automatically unlock System Keychain. It just fills in user name, password then user needs to click OK to confirm the privileged operation.
- Rohos Logon Icon in the status bar is hidden by default.
- Fixed Yubikey support that leads to system hang in some cases.
Some time ago we got YubiKey 2.0. and YubiKey 2.0 RFID devices from Yubico. Both of them are 2.01.1 firmware versions. The newer key (on the picture is above) a bit thicker, has a special circular press area and the body is more steady.
The Yubikey is a One-Time-Password token that works via the USB keyboard interface. New generation of Yubikeys also combines 2 devices in 1 Yubikey: OTP + RFID or OTP + 1 static password generator. OTP + OATH OTP (Firmware 2.1). Also Yubikey has many changes on backed.
What’s new in Yubikey 2.0:
- Improved security.
- Yubikey allows to have 2 configurations. Many YubiKey users wanted to have possibility to use YubiKey as static password generator + OTP token. Here it is.
- Beautiful and easy to use Configuration Utility.
- Dual-device: Yubikey + RFID (Classic Mifare 1k) or OATH 6 or 8 digit code identity.
- New Yubico validation server:
+ allows uploading custom AES keys.
+ allows revoking Yubikeys
+ Validation protocol 2.0
- Yubikey solutions Wiki – the list of the vendors, integrators and software that work with Yubikey.
allows reprograming Yubikey Configuration #1 or Configuration #2.
YubiKey 2.0 works in the press-and-hold fashion. First off, the presses are time based. Where in v.1 you held it down until it started printing out the characters, with v.2.0 you make short press for the first config and long press (2.5 – 5 seconds technically) to generate second config OTP. Please note Yubikey configuration #2 has a feature allowing use to update static password if you press and hold the key for 8-15 seconds.
By default, Rohos Logon Key works with v.2 as usual but one customer was sent raw YubiKeys (version 2.1.1 not being configured) . So he asked us to give a step-by-step guide on how to set up YubiKey with Rohos Logon if Yubikey is not configured with OTP.
Here you may download the Guide – Yubikey 2.0 Setup Dynamic configuration for Rohos Logon with static AES
This time we would like to present another innovative One-Time-Password token -Â UmiKey.Â This is a small Key-like USB device that doesn’t need any driver on the client. With this token you can sign-in securely into practically any software or hardware system where you have USB Port. When you need to log in you just connect it and press a small button on it to generate One-Time-Password string into any text field (login form).
(updated on 20 April, 09)
We would like to publish Rohos Logon Key for Mac v.1.7. beta.
- Supports Yubikey OTP validation on the Yubico’s server.
- Added new USB Key type: Touchatag RFID reader + tags.
- Fixed security bug with YubiKey static authentication, in some cases it was possible to unlock Mac by entering YubiKey ID. The bug affects only screen saver unlock window.
- Fixed PIN code dialog, now it can be closed by the user in case of PIN/YubiKey authentication failure.
- Improved PIN code function, now after 3 wrong attempts to enter PIN the USB Key will be blocked. It means it will not be possible to use it as a logon key. To unblock the USB key, open Rohos application and change PIN code (only the blocked USB Key should be connected).
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.*)
Download v.1.7 beta.
- What are strategies for protecting against two-factor authentication vulnerabilities? 5th January 2021
- New Rohos Disk Encryption app for Android to access encrypted Google Drive folders 26th December 2020
- MFA for Remote Desktop access with U2F FIDO security keys in Rohos Logon Key v.4.7 24th December 2020
- P2P encryption ownership in secure online storage products (Mega.nz, OneDrive) 1st October 2020
- Rohos Logon Key v.4.6 update 2nd February 2020