Rohos Logon Key allows to unlock your computer without entering password by using your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Your security benefits:
- Use your mobile phone as an electronic key for login and desktop unlock;
- Protects access to any Windows/Mac computer;
- No need to memorize long and complex passwords;
- A single mobile phone can be your electronic Key for a few Windows/Mac user account;
- Support Administrator’s Credentials Prompt: Network authentication, Remote Desktop Login, App install prompt (Win/Mac);
Simplifying authentication with mobile phone:
- Wireless key – authentication signal will be sent via WiFi or Blutooth;
- No need to connect anything like USB keys to a physical port;
- Just put your mobile on a table and touch it (to turn ON the screen) to unlock your computer;
- Knock to login feature – double knock the phone in a pocket in order to unlock PC.
- Your Windows/Mac account can be protected with a long and complex password but there is no need to memorize it and enter manually;
- Reuse your phone as an electronic security key for Rohos Disk Encryption. No need to carry additional USB Key for digital security;
- Unlocks your computer desktop by knocking your phone in a pocket;
- Secure login for Windows/Mac by using Android/iOS phones.
How it works
You touch or tap your phone to login or unlock your Windows desktop. If WiFi network is not available then phone displays QR-Code on the screen that is scanned by PC camera.
How to try
Please note your computer and phone should be connected to the same WiFi/LAN network in order to be able to connect each other.
Install Rohos Logon Key on your Windows or Mac :
Download for Android. Install Rohos Logon mobile on your Android phone
Download for iOS, Install Rohos Logon mobile on your iPhone/iPod.
Setting up phone as electronic key for you PC:
- On your PC, Open Rohos Logon Key > Options and select “Mobile phone” as authentication device. Click OK.
- Open Control Panel, System and security, Allow an App through Windows Firewall. Click Change settings. Click Allow another app. Click Browse/Find Winfows/ System32/LogonUI.exe . Click Add. Allow Windows Logon User Interface host the access to private and public networks.
- The smartphone and the computer have to be in the same local network. No router is alowed between them.
- Open “Setup USB Key” dialog > enter your Windows password > get QR-Code displayed:
- On the phone open Rohos Logon and scan the QR-code:- as your Phone recognizes QR-code it will send authentication signal back to PC for confirmation;- “Phone signal received” means authentication code successfully received. If signal is notA received, click “Unlock PC” button on phone manually;- Click OK to finish setup.
Now you can use Rohos Logon mobile app to Login or Unlock you windows Desktop, just press Unlock button on phone!
If you like this solution and want to help us to improve it, send us please a note to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.A We will send you a free license key.
Open source security protocol
Rohos security protocol is available in open source format. When Rohos Logon Key displays QR-Code on a PC – it contains encryption key and encrypted authentication data block.
To unlock Windows desktop your phone send authentication signal via WiFi. Authentication signal is a string that contains your user name, PC name and encrypted data block with: T-OTP code, Random data, encrypted logon profile. Only your PC can decrypt it and verify T-OTP is valid.
You may find Rohos Logon source code on GitHub .
Please note the following solutions are still under development.
To do list:
- Optional QR-code based authentication.
- Support authentication for Rohos Disk Encryption. This will allow user to use mobile phone as a electronic key to connect encrypted disk, instead of entering password each time manually;
- Adding 2-factor authentication : Phone + PIN code entered on the PC (with locking after 3 wrong attempts).
A note about Firewall:
By default Windows will prompt you to allow Rohos Logon Key incoming network connections. But Rohos also adds Winlogon process to the List of allowed programs. Just in case Rohos doesn’t unlock PC by phone signal you can check Firewall rule :
– Open: Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Firewall/Allowed Programs/Change settings/Allow another program/Browse/LogonUI.exe
And ensure Winlogon process has all checkboxes:
Rohos Logon mobile for Android screenshot:
Rohos Logon mobile for iOS screenshot:
Download Rohos Logon and Try it for free 15 days:
Find and Install freeware Rohos Logon on your iOS/Android.
The program has Emergency Logon feature that helps you to log into Windows in case you lost USB key or forgot PIN code. Click Options, Setup emergency logon:
Select questions and write the answers to login Windows in case if your USB key is stolen or broken.