In Rohos Disk ciphering program there is File-Shredder, which allows you to move files and directories to your secret Rohos disk. After files were moved they are deleted by shredder without moving them to the basket.
How File-Shredder works:
To delete a file reliably and be sure that nobody can recover it and get access to data you wanted to destroy forever, you need to use another approach. This approach is implemented in programs called file-shredders.
Such programs work in this way:
- File content is polished, i.e. disk space it occupied earlier is filled with other data (random number sequence). In this way, you may fully destroy data presence by saving other data over it.
- Then the file is deleted
File-Shredder in Rohos:
File-Shredder is installed with the Rohos program and integrated into the Windows Explorer Send-To menu.
File-Shredder allows not only to delete unnecessary files but to move files into wanted place (for example into another directory, into the outside hard drive, or into a USB drive) and to destroy information about deleted files.
File-shredder works in this way in Rohos Disk:
- Choose files you want to move or simply delete
- Right mouse button click on chosen files
- Choose the «Send To» sub-menu. Then click on Rohos File-shredder. Rohos Disk shredder window, where the chosen files list would be, will open.
- Specify, if necessary, where the chosen files and directories are to be placed before destroying. This can be another directory, USB flash drive, or virtual cipher disk made by the Rohos program;
- Choose the action type:
a. Copy and delete
b. Delete only
- Click the OK button to confirm the chosen action.