Rohos Logon Key for Mac
Your security benefits:
- Your Mac is protected but you don’t need to enter your password manually each time you unlock your Mac or system preferences.
- Automatically lock your Mac screen when USB Key is unplugged
- Two-factor authentication: PIN code + USB Key
- Rohos Logon Key provides cross-platform security for Windows and Mac
- Unlocking your Mac with a USB token is fully automatic and fast!
- Regular password based login may be prohibited with “Allow to log in only by using USB Key” option .
- Also unlock system keychain by using USB Key.
- soon: Using iPhone or Android phone to unlock your Mac in a secure and even more convenient way…
USB Key security
Rohos Logon allows to use any USB flash drive with on-board serial number to be used as a security token. Rohos does not store any information on USB flash drive, thus allowing to use even non-Mac compatible USB sticks.
Protect your Key with PIN code to prevent unauthorized logon with your USB Key or unlock system keychain.
Two-factor authentication with PIN code
With PIN code you protect USB Key from somebody who can use it for logon into your Mac without your permission. After you plug in USB Key – Rohos Logon will ask user to enter PIN in order to log in or unlock your Mac.
PIN code is a secure and convenient because of :
- There are only 3 attempts to enter valid PIN.
- Therefore it could be a short password like “135″
- User will need to enter it each time to login or unlock Mac with USB Key.
After 3rd wrong PIN attempt the USB Key is blocked and could not be used for Mac authentication. To enable this Key again user needs to change PIN again.
How Rohos Logon works
Rohos Logon remembers selected USB flash drive that user has chosen for protection. From that moment when USB drive gets disconnected from Mac – Rohos Logon immediately locks Mac desktop or does nothing.
Depending on a system option “Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver” Rohos Logon will use screen-saver to lock your Mac or its own lock window.
Rohos Logon user interface allows you to quickly turn ON or OFF USB key protection.
To uninstall the program – open Rohos Logon Key zip file and double click on UninstallRohosLogon app.
Wireless Key for Mac authentication
Using your mobile phone with Bluetooth feauture is a convenient and secure means to lock your Mac:
- When you comes closer to your Mac Rohos detects your phone by Bluetooth and unlock the screen
- When you step away from Mac – Rohos loose connection to your phone and lock your Mac automatically.
- You dont need to connect or disconnect USB device into you Mac.
As a USB Key you can use:
- Any USB flash drive or iPod.
- Bluetooth enabled mobile or iPhone.
- YubiKey OTP token.
- soon: iPhone or Android phone